Name: Eloy Duval
City: Lyon, France
How long have you lived there?
-About six years
Best places to eat?
- Really easy to find on the internet, Lyon is the capital of gastronomy in France. Really well known for the Restaurant of Paul Bocuse
Best attractions to visit?
– Musée des Beaux Arts – (Sort of Met Muséum)
– Musée d’art contemporain (Sort of MoMa)
– Musée des confluences (Human history)
– Musée des miniatures et du cinéma
– Silk industries (Lyon is the capital of silk worldwide)
– Basilique Notre-Dame de Fourvière
Best free things to do?
– Have a drink along the Rhône or the Soâne (The two rivers in Lyon)
– Visiting the city for its architecture and old monuments (espacially the “Vieux Lyon” that has been classified at the UNESCO heritage for its very typical medieval buildings)
– Free clubs (not the drinks…) – Take a look at “Le petit paumé” on Google
Do you have a metro system?
- Yes and very effective (Metros and Tramways) (about 1,70€ a ride available 1h, connections included) – www.tcl.fr
Best places for nightlife?
- Le Sucre (Best night club in Lyon for eletro music and Hip Hop sometimes – The best Dj’s of the world often play there)
- Transbordeur (electro music too)
- La Machinerie (electro music)
- Le Bellona (electro music)
- Festival Nuits Sonores (3 days festival of electro music around May)
- La Part-Dieu’s mall – You can find every brand you want
- Confluence’s mall (kind of Outdoor mall) – very aesthetic and modern – also a lot of brands
- Rue (“street” in French) Edouard Herriot (Zara, Sandro, Massimo Dutti…)
- Rue République (H&M, Zara, Printemps (Sort of Macy’s)…)
- Rue de Brest
Advice for someone visiting?
- If you want to visit France, Lyon is a very good place to go if you love good food and electro music. It’s a good place to go too if you want to avoid Paris expensive and stressful life. Lyon is much more calm but you won’t have the time to get bored. The main things to see is located on the “presqu’île”’ and the “Vieux-Lyon” and accessible by foot. It’s very good compromise between a big city such as Paris and a smaller one. It is the the third city of France after Paris and Marseille so it’s worth visiting :))))))